JG About us
The Journal Gazette's print editions are published every day of the week.
600 W. Main St.
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
To contact us
Main newsroom email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Main newsroom phone number: 260-461-8773
24/7 news tip line: 260-466-NEWS (6397)
Main newsroom fax number: 260-461-8648
To reach a specific department or person in the newsroom or get information on how to submit a news, feature, sports item or a letter to the editor, please see In the Newsroom below.
For information on subscriber services, including delivery, please click here --
In the Newsroom
Julie Inskeep, publisher, 260-461-8490, email@example.com
Sherry Skufca, editor, 260-461-8201, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Touvell, managing editor, 260-461-8629, email@example.com
Karen Francisco, editorial page editor, 260-461-8206, firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivery problems, questions, 260-461-8519 or 1-800-324-0505
• If you don't know which department in the newspaper would most likely handle your story idea, we can help. The general newsroom number is 260-461-8773, the general fax number is 260-461-8648 and the general newsroom email address is email@example.com. You can also call the 24/7 news tip line at 260-466-6397.
• If you want to complain about accuracy, coverage, or lack of it, you may contact the editor, Sherry Skufca, 260-461-8201. Or, you may contact the managing editor, Jim Touvell, at 260-461-8629.
• The Journal Gazette is in the 260 area code. All extensions at the newspaper are four digits, beginning with an "8."
If you want to go directly to voice mail and know the last four numbers of a reporter or editor's number, you can also call the voice mail system at 260-461-8570. When prompted to enter an extension number, that is the four-digit number (beginning with "8.")
Metro news department
The Metro staff handles all news that happens in our circulation area not covered by the sports, business or feature staffs.
The reporters in the department write city government, police, court, county government, schools and other related stories. If it is a story that is happening as you speak, this is the department to call.
• Lisa Green, assistant managing editor for local news, 260-461-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jim Chapman, assistant metro editor/day city editor, 260-461-8366 or email@example.com.
• Ron Shawgo, assistant metro editor/enterprise, 260-461-8312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Alicia Tharp, night city editor, 260-461-8364 or email@example.com.
• Jamie Duffy, education, 260-461-8816 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dave Gong, Fort Wayne city government, 260-461-8281 or email@example.com.
• Frank Gray, columnist, 260-461-8376 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
News releases may also be sent to email@example.com.
The Sports staff covers sports news from area high schools, local colleges, Indiana and Purdue universities, the University of Notre Dame, and professional sports, including the Fort Wayne Komets, the Fort Wayne TinCaps and the Fort Wayne Mad Ants. Coaching changes, athlete signings, sports features and schedules all are under this department.
For most stories and general questions, contact the sports editor, Mark Jaworski, at 260-461-8260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For high school news, contact Greg Jones, the assistant sports editor, at 260-461-8224 or email@example.com.
To submit sports scores, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 260-461-8648.
Perspective, Opinion, letters to the editor
Our editorial page staff is responsible for the daily Perspective and Opinion pages, including letters to the editor and guest columns. The staff also produces the Sunday Books pages.
If you have an idea for an editorial or feedback about published editorials, contact Karen Francisco, editorial page editor, 260-461-8206 or email@example.com. Francisco is also the contact if you want to submit a letter to the editor or a guest column, or have questions about published letters and columns. She also is responsible for the Books pages.
The Business staff provides news coverage about the economy, health and manufacturing industries, labor, retail, banking and agriculture.
If you want to report news about promotions, awards, seminars and new businesses -- all of which appear in Sunday's Business section -- the information must be submitted by 1 p.m. the Tuesday before desired publication. News releases should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 260-461-8893, Attn: Business News.
If you are including a photo with information for the Business People section on Sunday, it must be attached to an email as a separate JPEG image.
Information may also be mailed to The Journal Gazette - Business News, 600 W. Main St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802. Photographs will not be returned.
If you have questions, contact Lisa Green at 260-461-8200 or email@example.com.
Lifestyle, entertainment, faith, food
The Living staff writes stories that are not so time-sensitive and generally are described as feature stories.
Entertainment news, solution-oriented stories, profiles, lifestyle trends and food information are the staples of this department. It is also this department that is responsible for many of the lists the paper publishes, such as entertainment guides. Living is also responsible for the Home section and gardening coverage.
• Terri Richardson, features editor, 260-461-8304 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: 200 W. Washington St., M-8
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Photos, slideshows, photo galleries and videos
The Journal Gazette's photo staff takes local photos and videos for use in the printed newspaper and on journalgazette.net, some of which are organized as photo galleries or slideshows.
For information about the photos or videos in the newspaper or online, contact Visual Editor Cathie Rowand at email@example.com or 260-461-8226.
Sherry Skufca, editor
Copy desk, design desk
Jim Touvell, managing editor
Tom Pellegrene Jr., manager
Telecommunications device for the deaf