The National Weather Service in northern Indiana has revised its forecast about what kind of storm might hit, but indications are that northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio might see 3 to 5 inches of snow by Wednesday evening.
In a statement issued Monday afternoon, the weather service said the entire region appears to be in its path
It said the snowfall is likely to begin New Year’s Eve and continue into Wednesday.
Currently, the weather service said, it appears the heaviest snow will fall along and north of U.S. 30. The road is on a line roughly from Warsaw, through Fort Wayne and down to Van Wert.
For current conditions, including a local NOAA map, make our Weather page one of your favorites.
- Car slams into house, driver shot with Taser
- 5 stories of interest to Fort Wayne area readers – Monday, Dec. 30
- Keep pipes from freezing
- Winter driving safety tips
- On the road? Here's what you need in your emergency kit
- Winter pet care tips, free straw offered
- Verbatim: INDOT debuts winter-preparedness video