FORT WAYNE -- Allen County Clerk Lisbeth Borgmann said the Clerk's Office is following the court order. It was getting about a phone call a minute.
Although the computer doesn't allow the option for selecting the same gender on marriage licenses, the clerk’s office will make adjustments on the printed copies by hand.
“It's pretty clear to us if we don't follow the order, we will be in contempt of court,” Borgmann said.
In the region
- Kosciusko County Clerk Ann Torpy said, "We are waiting for guidance from the county attorney and the attorney general."
- Judge strikes down Indiana's ban on same-sex marriage
- Governor’s office: Indiana will comply through appeals process
- Indiana attorney general will ask for a stay
- Indiana group to celebrate gay-marriage ruling
- Human Rights Campaign: Bans on marriage cannot withstand judicial review
- David Long: The chaos needs to stop
- Lanane: This is a win for equality