PORT ARTHUR, Texas — Getting a gator caused a splash at one pool in Port Arthur.
Gator Country owner Gary Saurage (sarge) jumped into a residential swimming pool to extract the 5-foot-long unwanted alligator.
Larry Bland told KFDM-TV he wasn't sure who to contact when the gator turned up in his pool on Saturday.
Bland's calls to various agencies eventually led to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and assistance from Gator Country.
Video of the removal shows Saurage wrestling with the reptile in the 10-foot-deep pool before removing the animal. Saurage says it's nesting season, which is one reason why the gators are coming out of their more reclusive habitat.
Gator Country is a combination haven for alligators, learning center and recreational complex.
Port Arthur is about 90 miles east of Houston.
Capture caught on tape
To see the video, please click here.
- 5-foot gator takes a stroll
- Pet of the week
- 10,000 bees crowd wing of plane at Mass. airport
- Slithering 4-foot snake surprises Bronx family
- Poop stains seen from space lead to new emperor colonies
- Squirrel at Mich. cemetery wraps nest in Old Glory
- Wild turkey crashes through Wisconsin home's window
- Newborn moose finds protector, safe home