There's a trend in all of sports that I'm sort of wanting to trickle down to the minor leagues: When athletes, and their agents, make the mistake of bashing someone on Twitter and it gets out.
The latest incident comes from the NHL, where an agent got in trouble for tweeting about Montreal's goaltender when his client happened to be the backup. Click here to read about it. (Incidentally, the agent in question, Allan Walsh, used to represent some Komets players in the old IHL.)
This might be an opportune time to remind you of www.twitter.com/jgkomets.
In all seriousness, I think Twitter would be a good idea for some players with the Komets and such. Fans would love to get some insight directly from Colin Chaulk and the like.
I'm sure it won't be long before some of these guys start tweeting, bashing the officials, coaches and yours truly in the process.
That will be fun.
- The Dayton Daily News has a story on former Komets player Mark Versteeg-Lytwyn: Click here.
- Click here to read a story on Flint's Pascal Rheaume, who has won a Stanley Cup.
- All is not well in the Quad Cities: Click here.
- An interesting story on Brian Leetch from our friend in Corpus Christi: Click here.
- Finally, you all know my love for jerseys and logos, so check this out: Click here.