Statement issued Tuesday:
The Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health announced the schedule of H1N1 vaccine clinics at Carew Medical Park for the remainder of the week:
- Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2 to 6:30 p.m. (H1N1 injectable vaccine and seasonal flu vaccine for those eligible)
- Thursday, Nov. 19, 2 to 6:30 p.m. (H1N1 injectable and seasonal flu vaccine for those eligible)
- Friday, Nov. 20, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (H1N1 injectable and seasonal flu vaccine for those eligible. Note: There will be a separate line for healthcare and dental care workers, pharmacists, and firefighters/medics)
Individuals within the following priority groups are currently eligible for H1N1 vaccination:
- pregnant women
- people who live with or care for infants under 6 months of age
- children and young people from 6 months old to 24 years old
- adults age 25 through 64 with chronic health conditions
- health care and emergency medical services personnel
Seasonal flu vaccine for children 6 months to 18 years of age will also be offered while supplies last.
More than 16,500 people have been vaccinated for H1N1 flu since the clinic opened on Oct. 9. Parkview Health is providing space for the clinic at Carew Medical Park, 1818 Carew St. The vaccines are free. Children under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Anyone experiencing symptoms of influenza should stay home and contact a health care provider. People can also limit the spread of flu by covering their cough and washing their hands.
For more information, go to www.FightTheFlu.org or call 2-1-1.
Vaccines available at the Carew Medical Park clinic starting Wednesday
H1N1 vaccine (injectable)
- For pregnant women
- For persons of any age who live with or provide care for infants less than six months of age (e.g., parents, siblings, and daycare providers)
- For children and young people age 6 months through 24 years of age
- For adults age 25 through 64 with chronic health conditions such as asthma, diabetes or heart disease
Children under the age of 10 will need two doses of the H1N1 vaccine, four weeks apart, to be fully protected.
Seasonal Flu vaccine (injectable)
- For children 6 months to 18 years of age
Children under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (with notarized documentation).
Be a Flu Fighter!
Stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick
Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
Wash your hands often with soap and water especially after you cough or sneeze
Go to www.FightTheFlu.org