"No rawhide. Absolutely. No. Rawhide," I said.
I felt bad for being so insistent with my mother-in-law when she asked what Denali wanted for Christmas. Rawhide, though, doesn't agree with poor Denali's tummy. He doesn't need a 34-inch candy cane-shaped rawhide to chew on for hours and hours. He needs ...
Well, what does he need? Better yet, what would Denali want?
If Denali could make a list, this would be it:
- A bone. How about the Mammoth Dog Bone from Petco? I could chew on this FOREVER. It tastes yummy and it's shaped so nicely that I could carry it from the living room to the bedroom to the kitchen. I bet I could even take it on walks!
- A KONG. A big one, at that ! I love the one I have but it always rolls under the bed, and I can't reach it with my paws. It would be nice if I could have one that was longer and bigger. Can you make it so it never runs out of peanut butter? Oh! Oh! Did you know they also make KONG Stuff'N Liver Paste to put it in it? I bet that would be fun to try. Hint. Hint.
- A self-watering bowl. I like it when Mommy and Daddy take me running but boy does it make me thirsty! I can drink lots of water after I run 4 miles (even if Mommy is really slow) and my bowl doesn't hold as much as I want. Psst ... that's why I sometimes sneak and go drink out of the toilet. A self-watering bowl would give me enough water and not get me in trouble!
- A Cuz Dog Toy. I love the little ball with feet that Aunt Fern gave me. He's white and cute and fits so nicely in my mouth. One just isn't enough, though. That's what Mommy says about diamonds. And theese have horns! So it's different, too. Sort of.
- Squirrel! I love squirrels. I always try to chase them on walks but Mommy and Daddy won't let me. I promise I'd keep it alive for a little bit. I'd love it. And kiss it. And bat it with my paws until I was tired. Then I would eat it. If you won't get me that, a stuffed squirrel would do.
- A sister. I'm a Siberian husky, you see, and I'm a pack dog. We like to be with other dogs. It would be super nice if I could have a sister. I would teach her where to pee and poop, where the best places to lounge are and when Mommy is going to let you in bed after Daddy leaves.