The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Oxmoor House Inc. have announced a voluntary recall of nine home improvement books. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.
About 951,000 books contain errors in the technical diagrams and wiring instructions that could lead consumers to incorrectly install or repair electrical wiring, posing an electrical shock or fire hazard to consumers, the announcement said.
The recall involves nine home improvement books:
- AmeriSpec Home Repair Handbook, January 2006
- Lowe's Complete Home Improvement and Repair, September 2005
- Lowe's Complete Home Improvement and Repair, December 1999
- Lowe's Complete Home Wiring, May 2008
- Sunset Basic Home Repairs, February 1995
- Sunset Basic Home Repairs, January 1975
- Sunset Complete Home Wiring, December 1999
- Sunset Complete Patio Book, January 2006
- Sunset Complete Patio Book, January 1998
- Sunset Complete Patio Book, April 1990
- Sunset Home Repair Handbook, October 1998
- Sunset Home Repair Handbook, February 1985
- Sunset Water Gardens, January 2004
- Sunset You Can Build – Wiring, January 2009
The were sold at home improvement stores and bookstores nationwide from January 1975 through December 2009 for between $13 and $35.
Consumers should immediately stop using these books and contact Oxmoor House for a full refund.
For more information, contact Oxmoor House toll-free at 866-696-7602 or visit the firm's Web site at www.sunsetrecall.com.