It didn't take long for the so-called experts to doubt Purdue.
Immediately following the reveal of Purdue as a No. 4 seed against No. 13 seed Siena, Seth Davis said on CBS that the Saints are primed for the upset.
I have yet to find anything saying the Boilermakers actually will win their first-round game in the tournament. That's something they've done 11 consecutive times in the NCAAs, by the way.
Here's what national folks are saying about Purdue's chances:
- The Sporting News' Mike DeCourcy picked an "upset special" in the South. Guess what it is?
- There's a "teams to avoid picking in your bracket" segment on foxsports.com. Think Purdue is on there?
- ESPN.com's Andy Katz breaks down the South and talks about the Boilermakers.
- CBS' site said Duke has the easiest path. The Blue Devils are the top seed in the South. Apparently, Purdue isn't a factor.
- One reporter on SI.com calls the Boilers the "suspect team" of the bracket.
- This guy on Fanhouse technically doesn't say Purdue will beat Siena, but he appears to be assuming Texas A&M will play the Boilermakers.