So now that we've got the Four who'll be on the floor in Indy this weekend ... a few completely random and probably not relevant observations on Butler, Michigan State, West Virginia and Duke:
* West Virginia already wins the prize for the Madness' maddest stat: The Mountaineers didn't make a two-point basket in the first half against Kentucky in the regional final. And still led at halftime.
* Was there anything more entertaining than listening to the ESPN goofs be so consistently wrong about Butler? After solemnly declaring the Bulldogs were toast against Syracuse because they couldn't match up with the Orange inside, they solemnly declared that they were toast against Kansas State because couldn't match up with them inside, either.
Bzzzzt. Wrong. Better luck in the consolation round, fellas.
* Speaking of Butler, I'm not going anywhere near Broad Ripple if the Bulldogs win again Saturday. Or maybe I will, on second thought.
* March is to Tom Izzo as spinach is to Popeye. The calendar turns and -- boom! -- suddenly Michigan State has forearms the size of dirigibles. And a pipe. And a little sailor's hat.
* I was really pulling for Baylor Sunday, just so we could have a Final Four absolutely no one could have picked. Instead, alas, we get Duke, the most consistently successful and consistently least interesting program in America. Again. For like the nine thousandth time.
Not that I'm bitter or anything.