Here is what is in store for the Midwest League All-Star game at Parkview Field.
June 21 (Gates open at 5:05 p.m.)
- Autograph session (5:05 p.m.)
- Little League home run derby
- Midwest League skills challenge: Outfielders throw to home, shortstop throws to first, catchers throws to second.
- Midwest League home run derby: Four hitters from the East vs. four from the West. One "hometown hitter," a high school baseball player allowed to use a metal bat.
Each participant gets 10 outs to try to hit as many home runs as possible. An out is any swing that is not a home run.
- Skills challenge and home run derby winner presentation
Midwest League fanfest (noon to 3 p.m. at Grand Wayne Center)
- Autograph session
- Kids activities, interactive games and inflatables
All-Star Game (gates open at 5:05 p.m.)
- Game starts at 7:05 p.m. and fireworks follow presentation of postgame awards
In other news, Jose Flores and the TinCaps coaching staff will lead the Eastern Team. Burlington, last year's runner-ups, will coach the Western Division squad.
The preliminary rounds to decide the "hometown hitter" spot are May 9, 16 and 23. SAC, ACAC, NHC and a representative from Canterbury and Blackhawk Christian will participate. The finals are June 5.