Statement issued Friday:
Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction Dr. Tony Bennett offered the following statement supporting Fort Wayne Community Schools’ decision to outsource custodial services to Sodexo Management, saving $4 million annually.
“As school leaders across Indiana are confronting tough economic realities and making difficult budgetary decisions, I commend the decision of leaders at Fort Wayne Community Schools to put the best interests of its students first.
“As suggested by the Indiana State Board of Education’s Citizens Checklist, by identifying an opportunity to outsource custodial services to Sodexo Management, the district will save $4 million annually.
“Most importantly, this decision will keep teachers in the classroom. This kind of commitment to quality classroom instruction is one that should be emulated statewide.
- Web letter by Jan Friedmeyer: FWCS should not outsource custodial work
- Web letter by Tina Dearing: Outsourcing janitorial services might be unsafe for children
- Web letter by Valerie Lewton: Elmhurst supporters deserve their day in court
- Few options for school cuts
- Custodial jobs outsourced in FWCS plans
- FWCS says farewell to 135 retirees