Statement issued Monday:
Attention all shutterbugs! The Indiana State Department of Agriculture (ISDA) is proud to announce the 2010 Indiana State Department of Agriculture Photo Contest. Contest winners will have their winning photographs framed and featured in the Indiana State Department of Agriculture Photo Gallery exhibit at a venue to be announced in the summer of 2010.
"Agriculture has an important story to tell both in the role it plays in our state's economy and in the contribution it makes to the landscape and culture of rural Indiana," said Joe Kelsay, Indiana Agriculture Director. "These photos are an important tool for putting a face on that story."
The 2010 categories are the following:
- Conservation: landscape, water and wildlife
- Agritourism: destination agriculture, fruits, vegetables, and flower portraits
- Faces of Agriculture: photos including people
- On the Farm: buildings, animals and equipment
- The general public, ISDA staff and partners are all encouraged to submit images for consideration.
- Applicants may submit only 10 entries in digital form only.
- Applicants may only submit each photo once and it should be accompanied by a completed entry form.
- Photos should be submitted in TIFF (preferred) or JPG format at a resolution of 300 dpi.
- All images and entry forms must be submitted electronically to email@example.com
- Entries must be received by August 31, 2010
- ISDA will confirm each entry's appropriate contest category upon receipt.
- Entries may be utilized in upcoming ISDA publications, Web pages, newsletters, etc. Winning photos will be framed and featured in the ISDA Photo Gallery at a venue to be announced in the summer of 2010.
- All photographs must be your own original creation. Photos that have been digitally altered which, determined by ISDA, go beyond standard optimization will be disqualified.