Statement issued Thursday:
The Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo invites visitors to “hang out” with monkeys and apes at their special event, Monkey Business, on Friday, August 6, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Guests will learn about monkeys, apes, and other primates and participate in engaging activities, including:
- Try on a shirt custom-made for out biggest primate, Tengku the orangutan
- Act like a monkey and get treats from a puzzle feeder
- Pin the Tail on the Monkey…but not the ape!
- Play Primate Bingo
- Mimic monkey actions and expressions
- Groom your friends like monkeys do!
All Monkey Business activities are free with zoo admission.
The Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo is one of the area’s major attractions, drawing 500,000 visitors every year. The zoo was recently named one of the country’s “Top Ten Zoos for Kids” by Parents Magazine.
The Zoo is open 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily until October 10. Admission is $13 for adults, $8 for children age 2-14, and $10 for seniors over age 60. Babies age 1 and under and Zoo Society Members are admitted free.