You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

The Scoop

Advertisement

Verbatim: Cameron Woods evacuated in carbon monoxide emergency

Statement issued shortly before 3:30 p.m. Monday:

Angola, Ind. – On Monday, September 13, 2010, Cameron Woods Senior Living Community experienced high levels of carbon monoxide causing an evacuation.

Carbon monoxide detectors sounded and the Angola Fire Department was immediately notified. Staff at Cameron Woods worked in conjunction with fire department staff to immediately evacuate the building. All residents were moved to the back lawn, as far away from the building as possible.

There were no injuries or transports to Cameron Memorial Community Hospital for either residents or staff. All residents received medical monitoring by the EMS, and were made comfortable by the Cameron Woods staff, who also notified all the resident’s families.

There were high levels of carbon monoxide throughout the building with an LEL (lower explosive limit) of 12% found in the boiler room and kitchen areas. The building is being ventilated and residents will return upon approval by the fire department.

Send items for The Scoop to jgnews@jg.net.

Advertisement