The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Burlington Coat Factory, has announced a voluntary recall of a number of hooded jackets and sweatshirts.
The hooded jackets and sweatshirts have drawstrings through the hood and/or waist that can pose a strangulation or entrapment hazard to children, the announcement said.
Consumers should stop using the clothes immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
About 10,000 items have been recalled:
- Aeropostale boys’ small pullover sweatshirt with Aeropostale printed on the front.
- Apple Bottom girls’ size 7 – 16 zippered velvet jacket with “Apple Bottom” embroidered on back.
- Deere Park boys’ zippered jackets in red and blue, all boys’ sizes.
- Disney Winnie the Pooh zippered jackets with a picture of Winnie the Pooh on the front. Blue with white sleeves with green and blue stripes on the sleeves; in sizes 2T, 3T, 4T.
- Gray Wolf zippered jacket with Grey Wolf tag inside jacket and drawstring waist; dark blue sizes13-14.
- Jonathon Stone zippered jacket with “55” printed on the front. “J.stone” is printed on the tag on the back of neck. Blue, red and white, large size.
- L Kani Gold (sold from Oct. 24, 2008) boys’ zippered sweatshirt. Brown, black and grey, Youth L (16/18).
- Miletta zippered jackets; black with faux fur cuffs and hood; size medium (9 - 10).
- Mirika girls’ zippered sweatshirts with embroidery on sleeves; red; medium.
- New York girls’ zippered sleeveless sweatshirt with “33 New York” embroidered on jacket; light blue; small
- Ruff Stuff (Date approximately 1995) boys’ zipper and snap-close jackets; blue and light blue; size 14-16.
- Sergio Benini (September 2007) zippered heavy jackets with snaps; brown; medium.
Consumers are urged to immediately remove the drawstrings from the sweatshirts to eliminate the hazard or return the garment to Burlington Coat Factory for a full refund or credit.
For more information, contact the company toll-free at 888-223-2628 between 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit the firm’s website at www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com.