And now, just to lend a little historical context to Roy Halladay's no-hitter in Game 1 of the NLDS last night ...
* I am 55. The last time anyone's done what Halladay did, I was 19 months old.
* Not only had Peyton, Eli and Cooper Manning not been born, Archie Manning was only 7.
* It was 11 presidents ago.
* Nothing man-made was in orbit around the Earth.
* A.J. Foyt, who started 35 Indianapolis 500s, was still 1 1/2 years away from starting his first.
* Joe Paterno, who's in his 45th season as head football coach at Penn State, was 10 years away from his first.
And last but not least ...
* iPads and Kindles weren't the next big thing. TV was. RCA sold 20,000 color sets in 1955, and commercial television made its first appearance in London.