Two teenage brothers were badly burned and a third boy escaped injury Saturday night while they were allegedly drinking alcohol near a campfire, according to a report from the Indiana State Police.
Police were called about 11:10 p.m. to a home in the 18000 block of Tonkel Road on a report of a person on fire. A 15-year-old boy was being treated by paramedics for third-degree burns to his face, neck and chest, according to the report.
His 18-year-old brother was found with third-degree burns on his face, chest, stomach, legs and hands, police said.
Both boys were taken to St. Joseph Hospital Burn Unit for treatment, police said.
A third boy, 15, was uninjured. The boys' identities were not released.
Police said all three boys were allegedly drinking alcohol and were said to have placed a plastic gasoline can too close to the fire. The can apparently exploded, burning the brothers, the report said.
The uninjured boy was charged with minor consuming and released to his parents, the report said.
The Allen County Prosecutor's Office is reviewing the case.