Some stuff that’ll send a chill up your spine, in honor of Halloween and all:
- The Oregon Ducks. Seriously, strapping 53 on USC in its own house? Theseguys are scary, scary good.
- Talladega. Another restrictor-plate race, another descent into mayhem. This time A.J. Allmendinger crashes back in the field on the last lap -- it wouldn't be Talladega if 43 of the supposed best drivers in the world could get through one lap at the end without running into each other -- as Clint Bowyer and Kevin Harvick were duking it out for win. Bowyer won, but only after a delay to confirm it because no one could figure out who was leading at the exact moment the yellow came out. Can't we just burn the place down and collect on the insurance?
- Mike Shanahan's coaching. Good move by Shanny to yank Donovan McNabb in favor of Rex Grossman, who immediately turned the ball over in the Redskins' loss to the Lions. I don't care of McNabb is in cyrogenic statis alongside Ted Williams' frozen head, he's still a better bet than Wrecks.
- Rex Ryan's coaching. Nice move there, dude, running a fake punt on fourth-and-18 at your own 20. Even nicer move by your punter, Steve Weatherford, who stepped out of bounds before he reached the first-down marker.
- Cam Newton. He didn't have his usual rushing day in a 51-31 lamination of Ole Miss, but he did throw for 209 yards and two scores -- and also caught a touchdown pass. The man's scarier than Frankenstein.