Statement issued Tuesday:
PHP employees, Meijer and the American Heart Association are giving away free Start! Healthy Snack Packs to morning commuters in celebration of Start! Eating Healthy Day.
WHEN: Wednesday, November 3, from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
WHERE: Meijer Parking Lot, 5909 Illinois Road – look for the purple and green balloons
WHY: Why not kick off your commitment to a healthier lifestyle on Start! Eating Healthy Day, Nov., 3, when the American Heart Association calls on all Americans to start eating healthier. Start! Eating Healthy Day encourages you to make small changes each day to incorporate healthier food choices in your life. Through this day, the Start! initiative will increase awareness of the importance of good nutrition; provide education, tools and resources to individuals and companies; and raise funds to help in the fight against heart disease and stroke. For more info, visit heart.org/start.
Other ways to celebrate Start! Eating Healthy Day include:
- Wake up a little early so you can start the day off right with a healthy meal
- Turn drink and snack machines off for day – or only fill with healthy snack options and beverages
- Serve healthy food in the cafeteria
- Bring a healthy brown bag lunch to work instead of eating out
- Pay special attention to nutrition labels at the store
- Make a commitment to drink more water
- Eat a piece of fruit with each of your meals
Start!, which is sponsored locally by PHP and Parkview Health and nationally by Subway Restaurants, encourages Americans to walk more and eat healthier.