Statement issued Thursday by the Fort Wayne TinCaps:
Fort Wayne, IN – Downtown Fort Wayne’s long-time holiday tradition, Night of Lights, is expanding this holiday season to include a new location, Parkview Field. Long known for tremendous fireworks displays after weekend summer Fort Wayne TinCaps games, Parkview Field will be the location for a holiday fireworks display during downtown’s Night of Lights event on Wednesday, November 24th.
“This is an opportunity to add to an already stellar evening of downtown events,” stated Michael Limmer, Fort Wayne TinCaps Vice President of Marketing. “We are always looking for ways to incorporate Parkview Field into the community’s downtown experience. Hosting a holiday fireworks display seemed like a natural fit for the facility and a great way to be included in the evening’s festivities.”
The Night of Lights festivities on Wednesday, November 24th include:
- 6:15 pm Annual Lighting of Santa and His Reindeer - PNC Bank Building on Main St.
- 6:45 pm Lighting of the Wells Fargo Holiday Display - Wells Fargo Building on Calhoun St.
- 7:00 pm Lighting of the I&M “Merry Christmas” Wreath - One Summit Square on Wayne St.
- 7:15 pm Embassy Theatre, Harrison Street Windows - Harrison St.
- 7:45 pm Holiday Fireworks Display (New for 2010) - Parkview Field
The Night of Lights is a collaboration of many downtown organizations that either kick-off or continue their holiday events during this community showcase. Locations of events include the Grand Wayne Center, Embassy Theatre, Botanical Conservatory, History Center, Science Central, Fort Wayne Museum of Art, Headwaters Park, and the Community Center.
- - - -
For more information on the Night of Lights and all of the events taking place during HolidayFest in downtown Fort Wayne log on to HOLIDAYFESTDOWNTOWN.com.