According to Masslive.com, defenseman Steven Delisle has been assigned to the Komets by Springfield of the American Hockey League. The rookie had yet to play a game for the Falcons, but he had five goals, 29 points and 77 penalty minutes in 64 games last season in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
I am awaiting word on when he will join Fort Wayne, which plays tonight at Independence, Mo.
- The Komets last played a game at Missouri on April 12, 2006, when they defeated the River Otters 4-3 in a United Hockey League game in St. Charles. Ah, the old leaky-roofed Family Arena.
- I do not know who the Komets player that got on the blog today was, but I have a guess I'll keep to myself. The point is, they do read what I write and what you write. That's not in question.
- As to the question of Colin Chaulk, I haven't heard anything about him coming back, and I don't expect that to happen. Even if he did, the problems right now are too big for any one player to solve.
- This is gut feeling more than anything, but if the Komets don't win tonight, heads will roll come Monday. As they should.
- Oh, and there's a new poll on the Ice Chips main page.