And now, on the day before Turkeycide Day, a few things a few people around the country might want to be thankful for:
1. If your name is Mr. T. Turkey, and you're still alive, congratulations on surviving another year. Oh, and don't answer the door. It's not the kid down the street selling Girl Scout cookies.
2. If your name is Mr. V. Young, and you've been banned from the Tennessee Titans practice facility, be thankful. Better your current address is "Persona Non Grata, USA" than "Waiver Wire, USA."
3. If your name is Mr. J. Johnson ... well, come on. Pass the dressing, the cranberries, the pumpkin pie and a Sprint Cup title once in awhile. Nobody likes a blessings hog.
4. If your name is Mr. B. Childress, and you've just been fired as coach of the Minnesota Vikings, congratulations. Mr. B. Favre isn't your problem anymore.
And last but not least ...
5. If your name is Mr. L. James, and your Miami Heat (the Greatest Basketball Team In The Entire History Of Basketball Teams) just got road-rashed by the Indiana Pacers ... hey, it might not be November on the Cuyahoga, but it'll do, right?