Written statement issued Wednesday morning by the National Weather Service.
The flood warning continues for the Saint Marys River near Decatur until Saturday morning.
* At 3 am Wednesday the stage was 18.0 feet and falling.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Forecast...the river will rise to a crest near 18.7 feet around 7 pm Wednesday March 9 and fall below flood stage around 7 am Friday March 11.
* At 18.5 feet...County Road 225 north...just north of Pleasant Mills Indiana is closed by flood water. Low land areas of Kekionga Park on the southeast side of Decatur begin flooding. Flooding is limited to farm land in Pleasant Mills Indiana and Wilshire Ohio.
* This crest compares to a previous crest of 18.8 feet which occurred on Apr 6 2009.