Statement issued Friday:
The Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne, during the first quarter, granted a total of $1,347,444 in new awards to nonprofit agencies in Allen County. Selected grants listed below from the Clarke Endowment Fund and the Community Grantmaking Fund includes:
- ACRES Inc.: $15,000 to support the attainment, conservation, and management of nature preserves.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Indiana: $27,000 for the Lunch Buddies Mentoring Program pairing adults with youth.
- Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana Inc.: $15,000 to help provide supplies, equipment, and financial assistance to clients.
- Center for Nonviolence Inc.: $30,000 for intervention and prevention services to men, women, and youth to end domestic and other forms of violence.
- Community Action of Northeast Indiana Inc.: $24,000 for the Covering Kids and Families of Northeast Indiana, an outreach and enrollment program for state funded health programs.
- Community Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Indiana Inc.: $75,000 for the Farm Wagon, a mobile pantry that provides fresh produce and perishables to individuals and families living in low-income urban and rural areas.
- Community Transportation Network: $35,000 to help provide low cost transportation to seniors, those with disabilities, and economically disadvantaged families.
- Easter Seals ARC of Northeast Indiana Inc.: $30,000 for the ProjectsDrive Group manufacturing division that hires clients with disabilities to do sub-contract work.
- Embassy Theatre Foundation Inc.: $25,000 towards the maintenance and operation of the historical theatre.
- Euell A. Wilson Center: $45,000 for academic programs designed to reinforce positive youth development skills.
- Family and Children’s Services of Fort Wayne Inc.: $22,698 to purchase case management software to integrate case management/clinical outcomes with billing.
- Forensic Nursing Specialties Inc. d/b/a Fort Wayne Sexual Assault Treatment Center: $25,000 to provide forensic care to victims of sexual assault.
- Fort Wayne Ballet Inc.: $10,000 for outreach and arts programs as well as the Ballet’s performances.
- Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation: $50,000 for the Lifetime Sports Academy and the SBA Academy, free programs for underserved youth.
- Harold W. McMillen Center for Health Education Inc.: $20,000 for the delivery of health education programs.
- Headwaters Park Alliance Inc.: $20,000 multi-year grant for the outdoor ice skating rink.
- Interfaith Hospitality Network of Greater Fort Wayne Inc.: $20,000 to help provide emergency housing for families in Allen County.
- Junior Achievement of Northern Indiana Inc.: $45,000 to reach Allen County students with K-12 Economic Education Programs.
- Martin Luther King Montessori School: $35,000 for preschool Montessori education for children from low-income households.
- Neighborhood Health Clinics Inc.: $25,000 for medical and dental services to low-income, uninsured patients.
- Super Shot Inc.: $20,000 for the childhood immunization program in Allen County.
- YWCA Northeast Indiana Inc.: $35,000 for domestic violence, refugee/immigrant, and racial justice services.
Established in 1956, the Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne is a public, charitable foundation serving Allen County for more than fifty years. The Community Foundation had assets of $101.7 million at December 31, 2010, and awarded more than $8.8 million in charitable grants and scholarships in that year.