I was near Lowery's Sewing Center, 707 E. Winona Ave.,Saturday and couldn't resist popping in to drool over all the fabric, and look for a specific design.
I had never been in the store, didn't even know it was there until Saturday, but once inside I was greeted by an incredibly friendly, helpful staff (who didn't know I write a craft column until the end of my visit).
Turns out, they had some news I can post. They are hosting a panel challenge. So, if you're in the area and want to participate, here's what to do:
1. Panel must be purchased from Lowery's;
2. Project must be completed, quilting and binding included;
3. Panel must be on the front of the project;
4. Project can be any quilted item (quilt, throw, purse, placemats, etc.);
5. Projects have to be turned in by May 2 at the store, where they wil be on display until June 4 for voting;
6. Winner chosen by popular vote and, depending on number of entries, there could be different categories.
The winner will receive a Lowery's gift certificate.
"Put your thinking caps on, look around at all the beautiful panels we have to work with and have fun with this," the store's flyer says.
The challenge is open to all customers of the store. As a side note, this store is a drop off point for Project Linus's Northeast Indiana chapter.