Fort Wayne played well into the night, losing to Bowling Green 7-6 in 13 innings.
Todd Glaesmann hit two home runs. His first put the Hot Rods up a run in the 11th. His second proved to be the difference.
The game was filled with interesting tidbits.
- The contest lasted 4 hours, 12 minutes.
- Both of Glaesmann's home runs came in extra innings. He entered the game in the ninth inning as a pinch runner.
- Jake Blackwood, Fort Wayne's leader in batting average, went 0 for 6. He did reach base once, though, walking with the bases loaded in the 11th to tie the game at 6.
- Bowling Green hit four home runs in extra innings (two in the 10th and then the two by Glaesmann).
- Bishop Luers graduate Kevin Kiermaier went 1 for 5. He was also hit by a pitch. Kiermaier scored one run. He also threw out a runner at the plate in the seventh, the second time he's accomplished the feat in the series.
"We battled. We just have to find a way to beat the other team."
- TinCaps infielder Chris Bisson. Fort Wayne scored twice in the 10th and once in the 11th to extend the game well into the night