Statement issued Monday:
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (July 11, 2011) – Two companies from Allen County will be honored for being among 43 outstanding companies to earn a place in Indiana’s fourth annual field of “Companies to Watch.”
Local companies honored were Fort Wayne-based companies Ciocca’s, Inc., a remediation services firm, and Tippmann Engineering, Inc., a construction firm.
“These ‘Companies to Watch’ are among the firms fostering Indiana’s economic growth,” said Mitch Roob, Secretary of Commerce and chief executive officer of the Indiana Economic Development Corporation. “This group deserves our congratulations and our thanks for helping to make Indiana a great state for business.”
Ciocca’s, Inc. is a cleaning service that provides commercial, vinyl tile, ceramic, marble, window and carpet cleaning services. After purchasing GMP Cleaning and Restoration, the company expanded services to provide fire and water damage restoration services.
Tippmann Engineering, Inc. builds cold storage facilities for firms around the country. Its Quickfreeze program markets a patent-pending system for cooling and freezing pallets of food.
The accolade, presented by the Indiana Economic Development Corporation, its Small Business Development Center network, Purdue University and the Edward Lowe Foundation, recognizes the state’s privately held businesses that employ six to 150 full-time employees and have between $750,000 to $100 million in annual revenue or capital.
The 43 “Companies to Watch” from 18 Indiana counties were named after evaluating more than 300 nominations for the awards and represent industries ranging from custom sign design to medication consulting services and snorkeling equipment manufacturing to fire and storm restoration services.
The chosen companies project to have combined revenues in excess of $600 million and create more than 550 new jobs this year. The revenue projections represent an increase of more than $100 million or 33 percent from 2010.
With major sponsorship from Barnes and Thornburg, LLP, the “Companies to Watch” awards program is an initiative developed by the Cassopolis, Mich.-based Edward Lowe Foundation. The foundation licenses similar programs in Michigan, Colorado, Florida, Wisconsin and North Carolina. The program is also sponsored in part by Premier Capital Corporation, Katz Sapper & Miller and KeyBank.
The 43 “Companies to Watch” will be honored at an Aug. 25 ceremony at the Indiana Roof Ballroom in Indianapolis. Tickets for the ceremony and dinner are still available and may be purchased online at www.indianaactw.eventbrite.com or by calling 888.472.3244.
Complete List of Companies to Watch Honorees:
Company, City, Primary Business
- Allegient, Indianapolis, Information Technology
- AMD LASERS, LLC, Indianapolis, Manufacturing, lasers
- Automatic Pool Covers, Inc., Fishers, Manufacturing, recreational goods
- Axia Technology Partners, Indianapolis, Information Technology
- BlueSky Technology Partners, Noblesville, Information Technology
- Bostech, Indianapolis, Information Technology
- Bottom-Line Performance, Inc., New Palestine, Educational Services
- Ciocca’s, Inc., Fort Wayne, Remediation Services
- DeKALB Molded Plastics, Butler, Manufacturing, recreational goods
- Dicor Corporation, Inc., Elkhart, Wholesale Trade
- Diversified Marketing Strategies, Crown Point, Advertising, Public Relations, and Related Services
- DonLevy Laboratories, Crown Point, Scientific and Technical Services
- Fatheadz, Inc., Brownsburg, Manufacturing, ophthalmic products
- FlashPoint, Inc., Indianapolis, Management Consulting
- Formstack, Indianapolis, Computer Systems Design
- General Sheet Metal Works, South Bend, Manufacturing, sheet metal fabrication
- High Performance Alloys, Windfall, Manufacturing, metals
- Home Health Depot, Indianapolis, Health Care
- In Touch Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Valparaiso, Health Care
- Indigo BioSystems, Inc., Indianapolis, Information Technology
- Indy Composite Works, Inc, Indianapolis, Manufacturing, carbon fiber composites
- Jackson Systems, LLC, Indianapolis, Wholesale Trade
- Kem Krest Corporation, Elkhart, Wholesale Trade
- Language Training Center, Inc., Indianapolis, Educational Services
- MaddenCo, Inc., Evansville, Computer Systems Design
- Midwest Orthotic Services, LLC, South Bend, Health Care
- Miller Consulting Group, Inc, Noblesville, Specialized Design Services
- MMY Consulting, Inc., Indianapolis, Information Technology
- One Click Ventures, Greenwood, Retail Trade
- Onsite Occupational Health & Safety, Inc., Princeton, Health Care
- RapidView, LLC, Rochester, Utilities
- Retro-Tech Systems, Inc., Valparaiso, Construction
- Rivera Group, Inc., Sellersburg, Information Technology
- Royal United Financial Services, LLC, Indianapolis, Financial Services
- Scorpion Protective Coatings, Inc., Cloverdale, Manufacturing, polyurethane coatings and spray systems
- SportCrafters Inc. dba Spin Zone Cycling, Granger, Retail Trade
- STIMULUS Engineering, Loogootee, Engineering Services
- Stonegate Mortgage Corporation, Fishers, Financial Services
- Sun King Brewing Co., Indianapolis, Manufacturing, brewery
- Team Quality Services, Auburn, Administrative and Support Services
- The Basement Design + Motion, LLC, Indianapolis, Advertising, Public Relations, and Related Services
- Tippmann Engineering, Inc., Fort Wayne, Construction
- VF Garza El Popular, East Chicago, Manufacturing, food products
Created by Governor Mitch Daniels in 2005 to replace the former Department of Commerce, the Indiana Economic Development Corporation is governed by a 12-member board chaired by Governor Daniels. Mitch Roob serves as the chief executive officer of the IEDC. For more information about IEDC, visit www.iedc.in.gov.