Statement issued by Indiana Gov. Daniels regarding Speaker John Boehner’s debt proposal:
I hope the Indiana Congressional Delegation will support Speaker Boehner’s proposal.
The terrifying, nation-threatening debt levels caused by past and present overspending and future overpromising will not be solved by any one action or in any one year. But the Boehner plan begins in the right place, with real spending restraint and would show Americans and world markets that we do not intend to commit financial suicide.
I hope Congress passes it and then begins work immediately on step two of our long march back to national solvency and economic prosperity.
- Stutzman, Pence support House debt-cap plan
- Spending and debt plans, at a glance
- Accord elusive as clouds gather
- Stutzman still sees issues with Boehner plan
- Boehner tries coercion to corral his GOP strays
- ANALYSIS: GOP presidential candidates cool to Boehner’s deal
- Deficit showdown’s origins traced to battles of 1990
- ANALYSIS: Political insecurity, increased polarization at root of debt impasse