And now the latest installment of the Blob's new feature, The NFL In So Many Words ...
1. Ah, there you are, Mr. Painter. Here's the football. Here's your 0-3 football team. Here's a roadie at Tampa Bay. Good luck.
2. Speaking of which ... with Peyton now pretty much officially gone for the year, and Kerry Collins concussed, and the ball in Curtis Painter's hands, is it too early for the Paging Dan Orlovsky schtick?
3. Almost not losing is not the same as winning. Just sayin'.
4. The wings are on Ryan Fitzpatrick this week.
5. Jay Cutler wearing safety-cone orange is a classic case of form matching function, fashion-wise.
6. Although, in this week's episode of "Who Wants To Be A Live Sacrifice?" Cutler only tied for first place with Michael Vick and his broken hand.
7. At this rate, the late Sammy Baugh will throw for 400 yards some Sunday.
8. Calvin Johnson!
9. And in this episode of "The Bills Come Due," the role of "Tom Brady" will be played by Marcia Brady.
And last but not least ...
10. Sleep Aid of the Week: 49ers 13, Bengals 8.