Statement issued Friday by the office of Gov. Mitch Daniels on his recent appointments to boards and commissions:
The commission is responsible for planning and developing activities to commemorate Indiana’s statehood.
Membership: Thirteen gubernatorial appointees. Lt. Gov. Becky Skillman and former U.S. Rep. Lee Hamilton are chairing the commission.
• Tony George, Indianapolis, is the founder of the Indy Racing League and former president and CEO of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
• Mickey Maurer, Carmel, is chairman of the board of National Bank of Indianapolis. He previously served as Indiana’s secretary of commerce from 2006-2008.
• Ellen M. Rosenthal, Indianapolis, is president and CEO of Conner Prairie, Interactive History Park.
Terms expire March 31, 2017.
Indiana Education Employment Relations Board (IEERB)
The board represents Indiana’s certificated public school employees in administering the Certificated Educational Employee Bargaining Act which provides for the right of collective bargaining through a school employee organization.
Membership: Three gubernatorial appointees, no more than two members may be affiliated with the same political party.
• Stephen L. Hayford, Bloomington, is a professor at Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business. He has served as an arbitrator and mediator of employment disputes for more than 27 years.
• Michael W. McConnell, Carmel, has served as chairman of the IEERB since 2006.
• John L. Krauss, Indianapolis, is an attorney and the director of the Indiana University Public Policy Institute.
Terms expire June 30, 2015.
The board makes parole release and revocation decisions and makes pardon, clemency, reprieve and remission recommendations to the governor.
Membership: Five gubernatorial appointees, no more than three members may be affiliated with the same political party.
• Octavia F. Snulligan, Indianapolis, is an attorney with a focus on family, criminal, mortgage foreclosure defense, and small business law. Previously she served as senior vice president of the Dale Davis Foundation.
Term expires June 30, 2015.
State Fair Commission
The commission’s main role is to establish policy and procedure for the year-round operation of the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
Membership: Five gubernatorial appointees, three others prescribed by statute.
• Beth Bechdol, Auburn, is the director of agribusiness strategies at Ice Miller, LLP. She served previously as the deputy director of the Indiana State Department of Agriculture. She fulfills the remainder of the term vacated by Matthew Rekeweg.
Term expires Sept. 30, 2012.
State Fair Board
The board is responsible for conducting the annual Indiana State Fair.
Membership: Seven gubernatorial appointees. Seven other members are elected by district. The governor, the director of the Department of Agriculture, and the director of the cooperative extension service of Purdue University, also serve as members.
• M. Bryan Messersmith, Sheridan, is an insurance agent in Tipton.
Term expires Sept. 30, 2015.
• Alan D. Washburn, Kentland, has served the fair in various capacities for 35 years. He will fulfill the remainder of the term vacated by Bud Krohn.
Term expires Sept. 30, 2012.
State Lottery Commission
The commission oversees the operation of the lottery and serves as a resource group for the director, providing private sector perspectives on the operation of a large marketing enterprise.
Membership: Five gubernatorial appointees.
• Gregory M. Fitzloff, Georgetown, is a retired past president of the Southern Indiana Chamber of Commerce.
• Jennifer M. Alvey, Greenwood, serves as director of cash and debt management at Indiana University Health and previously served as public finance director at the Indiana Finance Authority.
• Sameer A. Kazi, Carmel, is the vice president of professional services and support at ExactTarget.
Terms expire June 30, 2013.
Vincennes University Board of Trustees
The board holds the university’s financial, physical, and human assets and operations in trust for future generations.
Membership: 10 gubernatorial appointees, Vincennes University president, Vincennes Community School Corporation superintendent, South Knox School Corporation superintendent, and North Knox School Corporation superintendent.
• John R. “J.R.” Gaylor, Indianapolis, is the president & CEO of Associated Builders & Contractors of Indiana, Inc.
• C. James McCormick, Vincennes, is the chairman emeritus at Best Way Express, Inc.
• Eric J. “Rick” Schach, Evansville, is the vice president of energy delivery at Vectren Utility Holdings, Inc.
Terms expire Sept. 30, 2014.