Statement issued by Purdue University:
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Purdue University has announced the formation of a search committee to identify candidates for chancellor of Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne to succeed Chancellor Michael Wartell, effective July 1, 2012.
The search committee will be co-chaired by Carol Sternberger, associate vice chancellor for faculty development and a professor of nursing at IPFW, and Richard Buckius, Purdue vice president of research and a professor of mechanical engineering at West Lafayette. Purdue trustee JoAnn Brouillette and William Cast, chair of the Indiana University Board of Trustees, also will serve on the committee.
Additional committee members are:
* Thomas L. Keon, chancellor, Purdue University Calumet
* James Almond, senior vice president for business services and assistant treasurer, Purdue University, West Lafayette
* John S. Applegate, vice president for university regional affairs, planning and policy, Indiana University, Bloomington
* Ashley McArdle, assistant director, Career Services, IPFW
* Roberta Barnes, secretary, Richard T. Doermer School of Business, IPFW
* Laddan Abbasi, IPFW student ambassador, Purdue University student, Media and Public Communication, IPFW
* Kody Tinnel, vice president of finance for Indiana Purdue Student Government Association, Indiana University student, Public Management, IPFW
* Kathy Carrier, president and CEO, Briljent
* David Molfenter, chair, Community Advisory Council, IPFW
* Stanley Davis, speaker of the Indiana University faculty, professor and chair of Department of Accounting and Finance, IPFW
* Peter Dragnev, speaker of the Purdue University faculty, professor in the Department of Mathematical Sciences, IPFW
* Lowell W. Beineke, Schrey Professor of Mathematics in the Department of Mathematical Sciences, Purdue University faculty, IPFW
* Haig David-West, professor and chair of the Department of Visual Communication and Design, Indiana University faculty, IPFW
* Marcia D. Dixson, associate professor and chair of the Department of Communication, Purdue University faculty, IPFW
* Brian L. Fife, professor in the Department of Public Policy, Indiana University faculty, IPFW
* Michael R. Nusbaumer, professor in the Department of Sociology, Indiana University faculty, IPFW
* S.C. Max Yen, Steel Dynamics Distinguished Professor and dean of the College of Engineering, Technology and Computer Science, Purdue University faculty, IPFW
* Ex-officio members of the committee are Rabindra N. Mukerjea, Purdue executive director for strategic planning and assessment, and Audeen W. Fentiman, assistant director for strategic planning and regional campuses, Purdue University, West Lafayette
The committee will be assisted by the search firm Baker and Associates LLC.