The Blob humbly begs your pardon. It mistakenly left you with the impression that Albert Pujols' $240 million deal with the Angels was big enough to choke a horse.
Well, now the details have come out, and it seems we misspoke. Turns out the deal is big enough to choke the entire field of the Kentucky Derby.
To paraphrase the old saying advertisers used to pitch toy solider sets .... Hey, kids, here's what Albert gets:
* A heavily backloaded deal that will wind up paying him $30 million when he's 41 years old and may or may not even still be playing.
* His own hotel suite on the road.
* His own ballpark suite at home for his foundation.
* Four season tickets for his own personal use.
* The option to purchase a personal suite in the Angels' ballpark.
* Hotdogs for everyone!
(OK, so I made up the last one).
In any case, the Angels are betting large that Pujols' best days are still ahead of him. They'd better hope so.