Statement issued Tuesday:
The Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce fifteen nominees for the Eighth Annual Northeast Indiana Athena Award Program.
The Chamber will award two deserving community leaders this year. The highly coveted ATHENA Award celebrates exceptional individuals who have achieved excellence in their profession, served the community in a meaningful way and assisted women in their attainment of professional goals and leadership skills. The ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award celebrates those same qualities in community leaders forty years of age or younger.
The 2012 ATHENA nominees are:
- Denise DeMarchis, Founder and CEO, Matilda Jane Clothing
- Christine Hootman, Managing Director, Baden, Gage, & Schroeder, LLC
- Susan Makofka, Programming Engineering Analyst, Raytheon Co.
- Sherry Myers, Paralegal at Pantello, Morris, James and Logan; Outreach Coordinator at Huntertown United Methodist Church; and Volunteer, Women's Bureau
- Jill Perillo, Economic Development Manager, Indiana Michigan Power
- Glenna Raber, Senior Engineer II with Honors, Raytheon Co.
- Sharon Simmons, Board President, Francine's Friends, Inc.
- Denice Beights, Executive Director, Fort Wayne Children's Choir
- Kassie Bowman, Software Engineer II-Team Lead, Raytheon Co.
- Allison Dowe, Proposal Analyst II, Raytheon Co.
- Julia Feichter, Founder, Lendingahand.net
- Rebecca Preston, Solution Integrator and Six Sigma Lead, Raytheon Co.
- Christen Shiman, HR Business Partner, Raytheon
- Katy Silliman, Regional Alignment Director-Vision 2020, Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership
- Lisa Updike, Attorney, Barnes and Thornburg, LLP
The Athena Award includes presentations to more than 5,000 individuals across the world. The Fort Wayne recipients will be invited to the International Athena Leadership Conference.
The Chamber's ceremony includes a presentation of $1,000 scholarships to female high school students for use in continuing education, sponsored by Dr. Michelle Helfgott and Northeast OB/GYN.
ABOUT THE CHAMBER
The Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving its membership of nearly 1,700 Northeast Indiana businesses. The Chamber serves as a catalyst for economic growth in Northeast Indiana by providing relevant business resources for our members and facilitating strategic connections across business, education, and government. As the recognized voice of commerce in our region, we leverage our influence to advocate a pro-business agenda at the local, state and federal levels while serving as a government watchdog to keep our members informed of policy changes that will impact their businesses. By working in partnership with regional stakeholders, we will align the development efforts of our community to drive progress and promote economic vitality for Northeast Indiana.