Signing Day didn’t pass without some drama for Notre Dame.
The Irish lost receiver Deontay Greenberry to Houston on the first day prospects could sign their national letters of intent.
Greenberry, a four-star prospect from Fresno, Calif., chose Houston over Notre Dame, according to multiple reports.
Greenberry’s Signing Day switch dropped the Irish to 16 members for the Class of 2012.
Notre Dame’s recruiting class is headlined by the No. 1 pro-style quarterback in the nation Gunner Kiel, who enrolled early along with defensive lineman Sheldon Day and defensive back Tee Shepard.
But the loss of Greenberry has put a damper on today’s recruiting haul.
Here are the members of Notre Dame’s recruiting class:
- Nicky Baratti, Ath., 6-2, 215, Klein Oak; Spring, Texas
- Chris Brown, WR, 6-2, 185, Hanahan, Hanahan, S.C.
- Scott Daly, OL, 6-4, 230, Downers Grove South; Downers Grove South, Ill.
- Sheldon Day, DT, 6-2, 278, Warren Central, Indianapolis
- Justin Ferguson, WR, 6-1, 200, Flanagan; Pembroke Pines, Fla.
- Mark Harell, OL, 6-5, 265, Charlotte Catholic; Charlotte, N.C.
- Jarron Jones, DT, 6-7, 308, Aquinas Institue, Rochester, N.Y.
- Gunner Kiel, QB, 6-4, 220, Columbus East, Columbus
- William Mahone, RB, 5-11, 205, Austintown Fitch, Austintown, Ohio
- Romeo Okwara, DE, 6-4, 235, Ardrey Kell, Charlotte, N.C.
- C.J. Prosise, DB, 6-2, 190, Woodberry Forest; Woodberry Forest, Va.
- KeiVarae Russell, WR, 6-foot, 170, Mariner, Everett, Wash.
- Tee Shepard, DB, 6-1, 175, Central East; Fresno, Calif.
- Elijah Shumate, DB, 6-1, 205, Don Bosco Prep, West Orange, N.J.
- Ronnie Stanley, OL, 6-7, 285, Bishop Gorman, Las Vegas, Nev.
- John Turner, DB, 6-2, 200, Cathedral, Indianapolis