In case you missed today's story on Sean Venedam, I encourage you to read it by clicking here.
I'd like to share with you the feedback I've gotten from readers on that story, not to toot my own horn but because I thought it was great how moved the readers were by it.
And the players were, too. It was posted in the locker room before the game Friday:
- "Truly the opportunity of a lifetime to write an article like Venny's. Well done. Easily one of the best guys to wear a Komets uniform!"
- "Congratulations, Justin. The Sean Venedam article was more than terrific, it was totally inspirational. Learning of his fighting spirit, his tenacity to overcome, and his willingness to pay the price to dream and achieve shows how remarkable he is. His story is a testament of bravery, and desire. I wish the Komets would place your story on Sean in the locker room and make it required reading. He is facing life with every fiber of his being. The Komets only need to face the Dayton Gems, and I submit without question, and without taking anything away from a fine Dayton team, the Komets have got the easier of challenges when compared to each other.Thanks for the article and God Bless Sean Venedam."
- "Thanks for the story. Such an inspiration. Makes you realize, even on your worst day, that there's something going through much more."
- "Articles like that make me believe that perhaps this country isn't dead yet. We need more heroes like that."
- "Awesome story about an awesome guy. His story brought tears to my eyes. I sure do miss Venny and his never give up attitude. The K's could sure use some of that about now.Thanks for making my day!"
- "Great story Justin, Congrats!! They should print this off and post it in the locker room, maybe a little outside inspiration will go a long way. Vene is a class act, glad to see he can continue skating with reduced or little pain."
- "Thanks for writing such an awesome story, Justin. Venny was a great player, now a great inspiration."
- "What an awesome, truly uplifting, story!"
- "Great stuff."
- "Sean is a role model for all."
- "That story is amazing. A true inspiration."
- "My all-time favorite Komet. Thanks a lot Justin. You have a full grown man crying. lol. WE LOVE YOU #13!!!!!!"