Food left unattended on a hot stove started a blaze that heavily damaged a house Wednesday on Fort Waynes south end, according to the city fire department.
About 5:15 p.m., fire crews were sent to 241 E. Concord Lane and found heavy smoke coming from the one-story house. Firefighters went inside and fought the flames in the kitchen.
The fire was under control in four minutes, the fire department said.
An adult had escaped the home, near South Calhoun Street and East Paulding Road, before firefighters arrived. No injuries were reported.