FORT WAYNE – No one was injured, but a bedroom and the attic of a home near Broadway were heavily damaged in a fire Thursday morning.
Firefighters were called to a two-story home at 1215 Nuttman Ave. about 8 a.m., according to a statement issued by the Fort Wayne Fire Department.
It said crews arrived to find heavy smoke coming from a second-floor bedroom and went up to put it out. They soon discovered the attic was also on fire.
The resident was not at home at the time of the fire, the statement said.
There has been no ruling on the cause of the fire.