Purdue released its rules for Saturday's spring game. The Black and Gold game begins at 1 p.m.
2012 Black and Gold Game • The Black Team will have members of the No. 1 offense, while the Gold Team will feature the No. 1 defense. • The first half will include all special teams, at "thud-tempo."
• The Black Team will have first possession.
• The second half will have the ball placed on the Gold Team's own 35 and the game will proceed as normal.
• There will be no special teams in the second half, excluding field goal attempts.
• Should an offensive unit be forced into a punting situation in the second half, there will be an automatic 40-yard change of possession marked off and the opposition's offense will take over there.
• Scoring is normal, just as in a regular game.
• Should too many players get nicked up during the course of the game, the coaching staff will stop and put the team into situational scrimmages at that point.