Eight area artists are opening their studios to the public for a casual, self-guided tour April 28 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The first of these tours was conducted May 1 and was such a hit, that the artists, north of Fort Wayne, decided to keep it going.
You can enjoy the works of a printmaker, a jeweler, a couple potters, painters, photographers, clothing artists and a mixed media artist and some of the studios will have demonstrations and interactive projects.
You can find the rural artist's studio tour on Facebook, where you can get a map. Printed maps are available at the Orchard Gallery, Artlink and Firefly in Fort Wayne, and Higher Grounds and Leo Cafe in Leo. (A map can also be downloaded by clicking on the PDF file above this column.)
Cost to tour the studios is free, but there will be art for sale on site.
Here are the artists participating and their location:
- Jordan Fine Art Jewelry, 2032 Parkland Drive, Fort Wayne
- Shirley Hiner: Peacock Graphics, 1124 Orlando Drive, Fort Wayne
- Sue Davis & Steve Vachon, 227 W. Wallen Road, Fort Wayne
- Frame Art & Design will host artist, Carita Hoot, 704 E. Dupont Road, Fort Wayne
Cherie's Faerie Garden Studio: Cheryl Speith-Gardiner, 5927 Hosler Road, Leo
- Kristy Jo Beber Stoneware Pottery, 9719 Hosler Road, Leo
- Holly Heath Photography, 14435-B Leo Road (Indiana 1), Leo
- The Art Farm: Lisa Vetter & Paul Siefert, 17612 N. County Line Road E., Spencerville.
On a personal note, I've gone on this tour once and it was a good time. It's really interesting to get to see the artists in their work environments and learn more about them.