INDEPENDENCE, Mo. -- For the Komets to climb out of the 2-0 hole they have in the best-of-seven Turner Conference semifinals, they must score early and often.
Click here to read today's story on that issue, and note how rare it has been for a team to come back from a 2-0 deficit in CHL history.
- Indiana's NewsCenter had some pretty entertaining stuff with ex-Komets defenseman Kevin Bertram on Monday night: Click here.
- I had a pretty neat experience Tuesday night. As most of you know, I'm from the Detroit area. The Tigers were in Kansas City, playing the Royals, so I took in a game at Kauffman Stadium. What a beautiful ballpark. Attendance was announced at only 13,851, which was quite generous.
- Bill Althaus has a very good story on Missouri Mavericks player Dave Pszenyczny: Click here.
- In the Berry Conference, Wichita is trying to go up three games on Texas: Read this.
- Some tidbits about former Komets Mario Larocque and Mike Ratchuk in this ECHL playoff series: Click here.
- I really am getting a kick out of all the NHL fans sounding like CHL fans with the griping about discipline. Click here. Seriously, five minutes on Facebook or Twitter and it's like reading the minor-league hockey message boards.
- Nothing to do with hockey, but, wow, Dwayne Schintzius died? That's sad. Aside from that awesome hair, does anyone remember the movie, "Eddie?" He was Ivan. "Ivan make basket!"
- OK, who's the key player for the Komets tonight? I'm going with Frankie DeAngelis. Have you ever noticed he comes up big when the Komets are down? I have a feeling we will see a lot of special teams, and that's his time to shine.