An apartment inside the Eden Green complex caught fire Friday night after a woman left the residence with grease on the stove.
Fort Wayne firefighters responded to Building 10B at 2151 Eden St. at 10:19 p.m. and found heavy smoke coming from Precious Kings first-floor apartment, according to a report.
Crews found the fire in the kitchen and put it out in seven minutes. King told firefighters she had grease on the stove and left the apartment to go next door and when she came back, her kitchen was on fire.
No one was hurt, and residents evacuated the two-story building before firefighters arrived. The fire caused smoke and water damage.