Firefighters rescued a man from a burning house Thursday night in southeast Fort Wayne.
The man, who was not identified, was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, Fire Chief Amy Biggs said.
The fire department was sent to the house at 4865 Oliver St., near East Pettit Avenue and South Anthony Boulevard, about 6:15 p.m.
When the first fire engine arrived, smoke was coming from the front of the one-story house. Inside, firefighters found the man semiconscious in a hall near a bedroom and brought him outside, where he was treated.
Flames from food left on the stove caused moderate damage and were extinguished in 10 minutes. Two dogs were also rescued from the house, the department said.