You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

  • Six escape burning quadplex
    Six people escaped a burning quadplex without injuries early Wednesday morning, according to a Fort Wayne Fire Department statement. When firefighters arrived at 928 Rivermet at 1:43 a.m.
  • Kentucky suspect arrested in Noble
    A man wanted for several sex charges out of Kentucky was in custody Tuesday night in Noble County.The sheriff’s department put out notice earlier in the day that it sought the public’s help in finding Sylvester R.
  • Accused shooter faces new charges
    A Fort Wayne man arrested this month in a late-night shooting was hit with an additional charge after formal charges were filed Tuesday.Originally arrested on one felony charge of aggravated battery, Curtis L.

Meth suspects booked after 2 high-speed chases


A man and woman from Kosciusko County, accused of dealing meth and leading Warsaw and Tennessee police in high-speed chases, turned themselves in Tuesday, Warsaw police said in a written statement.

Brandon Adkins, 27, of Highlander Drive in Warsaw, took part in a July 30 drug transaction with undercover officers and then took off later when police tried to stop the car, the statement said.

The 2007 Lexus was going north on Indiana 15 when one person jumped out and the car kept going, police said. There were three people in the car, and the police did not specify which person was injured by the jump.

Charges of conspiracy to deal in methamphetamine and fleeing law enforcement were filed against Adkins and Tiffany Anderson, 30, of County Road 250 South, Warsaw.

The two, along with a third person, traveled to Lakeland, Fla, the police statement said. On Sunday, Tennessee police were involved in a high-speed pursuit with Adkins and Anderson after the vehicle had been checked alongside a roadway, Warsaw police said.

They were not caught by the Tennessee police, but did contact Warsaw detectives on Monday and made arrangements to turn themselves in. On Tuesday, both were booked into the Kosciusko County and will be arraigned in the next few days, the Warsaw police said.

The third person riding with them July 30 has not yet been charged, the statement said.