Grants have been awarded for projects at several northeast Indiana lakes, most of them in Kosciusko County.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources announced Tuesday that grants totaling more than $814,000 have been awarded throughout the state by the Lake and River Enhancement program, part of the DNR Division of Fish & Wildlife, to benefit nearly two dozen lake, river and watershed areas.
A list of area projects by water body, project type and grant award follows:
- Dewart Lake cable run, Kosciusko County; design/build, $56,000.
- Tippecanoe Lake watershed area, Kosciusko County; construction, $50,000.
- Winona Lake, Kosciusko County; engineering feasibility study, $48,400.
- Barbee Lakes chain, Kosciusko County; water quality monitoring, $42,410.
- Hindman Lake/Ritter Branch, design/build, Kosciusko County; $33,600.
- Dewart Lake/Hasse Court and Quaker Haven Project, Kosciusko County; design/build, $12,000.
- Pigeon Creek watershed, Steuben County; watershed land treatment, $40,000.
- Lake of the Woods/McClish Lake, Steuben and LaGrange counties; watershed diagnostic study, $19,480.
- LaGrange County lakes, water quality monitoring, $9,600.
- South Twin Lake, LaGrange County; construction, $640.