And now for the latest installment of the sensationally quasi-interesting Blob feature, The NFL In So Many Words:
1. It's Tuesday and I think Cecil Shorts is still running.
2. Ditto Maurice Jones-Drew.
3. Hail what?
4. If only Russell Wilson had been Doug Flutie and Golden Tate had been Gerard Phelan, Roger Goodell's phone wouldn't be ringing off the hook today.
5. On the other end: Replacement commissioner Sarah Palin, informing him he's been locked out. You betcha.
6. We interrupt the clowns and unicycles for .... Torrey Smith. See, there is a shred of decency left in the National Foof League.
7. And then there's Bill Belichick/Kyle Shanahan/Roger Goodell.
8. Remember the 49ers?
9. Yeah, me either.
10. At least the Saints didn't choke. Oh .... wait ....