Statement as issued Thursday by Allen County TRIAD:
Friday, September 28, 2012
from 9am – 1pm
Flushing old pills down the toilet or throwing them into the trash can have serious consequences for drinking water and the environment. September 28th is the day to bring expired medication in their original bottles or packages (no liquids accepted) to these select Walgreen’s locations for drop-off:
- Clinton St. at St. Joe Center Rd.
- W. Jefferson at Getz Rd.
- Bluffton Rd. at Lower Huntington Rd.
- State St. at Wells St.
- Lincoln Highway West at Brookwood (New Haven)
- Chapel Ridge at 10170 Maysville Road
- 1701 E. Paulding Road at South Anthony Blvd.
- Cook and Lima Roads
- Dupont and Tonkel Roads
- Scott Rd. (Chestnut Hills)
- Lima and Carroll Rd.
- Coldwater and E. Dupont Rd.
- East State and Coliseum Blvd.
- Stellhorn and Maplecrest Rd.
For those unable to make the Walgreen’s collection dates, there are also ongoing collection sites (for pills only) at:
- Indiana State Police Post (5811 Ellison Rd.)
- Allen County Sheriff (Huntertown Town Hall)
- Fort Wayne Police (Edwin J. Rousseau Centre Lobby, One East Main St)
- New Haven Police (815 Lincoln Highway East)