Bishop Luers could be on the verge of forfeiting a football game for the second straight year.
The three-time defending Class 2A state champion Knights (5-2, 5-1 SAC) could lose its 27-7 win over Wayne on Sept. 14 because of undisclosed reasons.
"There is a situation pending," Luers interim football coach Steve Keefer said Friday morning. "We are working with the IHSAA. It's a complex issue."
Keefer said the Wayne game "appears" to be the game in question.
Although the IHSAA said as of Thursday they had not received any information about the forfeit, a Knights' player wrote in a text message "unfortunately yes we did" forfeit the Wayne game.
The game against the Generals was the first one without long-time coach and athletic director Matt Lindsay, who was placed on administrative leave a day before the game and fired two days later after videos described as inappropriate were found on his computer.
The game was coached by Matt's son, Kyle, who is the team's offensive coordinator. Kyle served as the interim coach for the game, while the last two games have had Keefer as the interim coach.
It was the first game without Matt Lindsay on the Luers' sideline after 33 years as an assistant and head coach.
New Luers athletic director James Huth doesn't start his job until Monday and was unaware of the situation.
Wayne coach Robert Brown said Thursday the school hadn't received any information regarding a forfeit. The Generals are 1-6 this year.
Last year, the Knights had to forfeit a 53-0 win over South Side because an ineligible player participated late in the game. It cost Luers an undefeated season, and it finished 13-1.