Statement as issued Friday by the History Center in Fort Wayne:
The Festival of Gingerbread at the History Center kicks off its “special events” on November 21--Lighting Night.
On Lighting Night visitors can get a sneak peek at the handiwork of creators from 5 to 9 p.m. Admission is only $2 a person at the door for Lighting Night. At 6 p.m. the History Center’s turret will be lit with special holiday colors of red and green.
Santa will also be present on Lighting Night.
A variety of special events will occur during the Festival of Gingerbread. Admission is $5 adults ages 19-58, $3 for seniors ages 59+ and students ages 3-18, and free to children age 2 and under. There is no extra charge for special activities or events unless indicated.
- Saturday, November 24, 1-3 pm, Create Your Own Ornament, $1 plus regular museum admission
- Sunday, November 25, 1-3 pm, Make a Holiday Greeting Card, $1 plus regular museum admission
- Tuesday, November 27, 5-9 pm, Free Night sponsored by AEP Indiana-Michigan Power
- Saturday, December 1, 1-3 pm, Visit with Santa Claus
- Sunday, December 2, 1-3 pm, Holiday Story Telling
- Saturday, December 8, 1-4 pm, Science of Sugary Structures sponsored by PNC Bank and Science Central, $3 plus regular museum admission
- Sunday, December 9, 1-4 pm, Cookie Decorating Party, $1 plus regular museum admission
Special holiday exhibits during the Festival include a Wolf and Dessauer display of animatronic characters, an exhibit of “A Christmas Carol” watercolors that once adorned the Patterson Fletcher Department Store; and a display of holiday photos from years past.
Persons visiting the museum will also have the opportunity to view the new exhibition gallery Allen County Innovation.
Hours during the Festival of Gingerbread are Monday through Thursday 9 am to 5 pm; Friday 9 am to 8 pm; Saturday 9 am to 5 pm; and Sunday Noon to 5 pm. The History Center will be closed Thanksgiving Day.
The History Center is located at 302 East Berry Street, Fort Wayne, Indiana. For more information, visit www.fwhistorycenter.com, or call 260.426.2882.