The Komets went 1-1-0 in their first weekend of play in the ECHL.
Not great. Not bad. But they improved from Day 1 to Day 2, so that's something of which you can be pleased.
Above is the video of the fight between Stephon Thorne and Aaron Gens, from the Komets' 6-2 victory at Evansville on Saturday.
Here are some other nuggets:
- In Evansville, they are talking about the need to jell: Click here.
- Fort Wayne's Brandon Marino is one of two ECHL players with three goals. He has scored even strength, on the power play and an empty netter.
- Kenny Reiter is tied for third with a save percentage of .958.
- The Komets are 10th with 18.5 penalty minutes per game. They rank first on the power play (33.3 percent) and have killed off all 10 opposing power plays.
- Former Komets forward Tom Mele has two goals and four points in two games with Alaska, where he's playing alongside some locked-out NHL players. Click here.
- David Starenky hasn't cracked the lineup for Toledo yet: Click here.
- Finally, check out the drama about the (lack of) a goal horn in Wheeling: Click here.